We’re a cloud-based strategic management software that aligns companies and their people on their journey to success. Our suite of priority planning, execution and performance tools instill the daily habits used by the most effective organizations. We’re driven to deliver transparency and alignment across our customers’ entire company, to create happy teams that reach their goals!
Founded in 2012, Align has grown organically through strong partnerships and customer relationships. We have nearly 800 companies and 8,000 users across all industries, in more than 64 countries. This year, we raised $2.175 Million in order to meet our aggressive goals and we’re invested in expanding our incredible team.
Quality Assurance Analyst / Engineer:
You will be responsible for assuring that Align’s software-as-a-service platform releases all have a high level of quality and provide Align’s customers with a great experience. You will initially be using manual testing techniques to achieve this goal while working to improve the QA processes and tools that will support Align’s growth. Automation will be a key component of the QA process and you will be responsible for implementing automated testing tools while continuing to use manual testing strategically to maintain the human element critical to Align’s success. Additionally, you will have overall responsibility for developing test plans and functional test scripts using a variety of tools and relying on your creativity and experience.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background, QA experience with web and mobile applications, an understanding of agile software development practices and a strong voice advocating for quality while serving the needs of the business.
You will need excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with our engineering and product teams. Our ideal candidate is someone that is passionate about delivering compelling applications as part of a team. You are a sharp, motivated individual who is a creative problem solver that is constantly learning and has the ability to approach any task from many perspectives.
- Develop, write and execute manual tests of the Align platform
- Detect, document and report defects for the platform on multiple end-user devices and operating systems
- Develop automated test cases and QA processes
- Create testing plans to ensure features and products are fully tested
- Work with Product Management team members, software developers, database administrators and IT administrators to trouble-shoot problems. This may include trouble-shooting database issues using SQL queries, reviewing web server and application server logs, etc.
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of products, from both a business and technical perspective
- Perform root cause analysis and diagnose customer found issues
- Will need to develop a sincere sense of product ownership
- Be accountable to your commitments
- Completed Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Team player who does not need extensive supervision
- Ability to work constructively with product managers and engineers towards a common goal
- Strong troubleshooting skills, which include SQL skills to extract information from the database and the ability to review logs to extract the important information
- Excellent understanding of relational database structure
- Organized and methodical work process
- Manual and Automated Testing
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with scripting languages, .Net platform
- Experience with SaaS delivered applications